If you’re wondering however you’ll improve your child’s speech and language skills, then the below tips will give you the better results!
Speech and language stimulation at home
- Create learning environment around the child. Including household sounds, music, and speech. Give him or her chance to hear a variety of sounds and noises. Help him find the source of the sound.
- Increase the curiosity to learn and explore things. Increase your child’s awareness of sound and her ability to pay consideration to sounds by saying, “Can you hear a noise?
- Provide facial expressions when you talk to the child. Make eye contact with your child and try to maintain her attention as long as possible while you talk to him.
- Spend most of your time in playing with the child. Follow your child’s lead. Talk about the toy, object, or activity that your child is looking at or shows interest in.
- Help your child to recognize his name and the names of others by using their names frequently.
- Encourage the child to interact with the peer group.
- Talk to the child in phrases (two words) with varied intonation.
- Follow your child’s lead. Talk about the toy, object, or activity that your child is looking at or shows interest in
- Encourage your child to imitate a lot of different sounds, including vowels and consonants.
- Expose the kid to a variation of experiences, for example, going to the zoo, heading off to the park, shopping for food, and so on. Discussion about articles, activities, textures, hues, shapes, smells, and so on. Books are incredible, yet a kid adapts best by doing and by having the first-hand experience
- Give important and wonderful language experiences for your child, for example, story time or/game zone.
SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPY
- Speech therapy isn’t a quick fix. You can try by walk-in to a therapy center and get better results; here is the link for the best speech therapy centers in Hyderabad.
- Parent involvement—like practicing exercises at home can make speech therapy more effective.
- Adults, who use their voice for their profession like teachers etc., should follow Vocal hygiene program recommended by Speech therapist.
- For children with Articulation problems the placement of sounds should be taught in front of mirror for visual feedback.
- Different materials like (pegboard, flashcards etc) to be used for teaching language delay kids.
- For adults with Neurological problems having speech and language difficulties techniques should be generalised and maintained at home.
- Group therapy and family counselling twice in a month is effective.