The coconut, also defined as the “Elixir of life,” has been found to have many uses not only for human beings but our best companion as well. Diseases like smelly coats, yeast infections, hot spots, bruises and cuts that have been infected can all be treated with “virgin coconut oil.” When all forms of remedies do not work then, it is time to take help of this miracle natural, inexpensive medicine for your dog. Coconut oil for dogs has been proved to be a great asset. A medium chain fatty acid can contribute to reducing viral and bacterial infection.Coconut oil is also a boon as coconut oil for hair and coconut oil for weight loss in humans.
There are many good reasons to give your dog some organic virgin coconut oil like it can reduce cancer risks. It also enhances the digestive system of your dog and becomes a good remedy for some digestive upsets. Coconut oil may keep your dog’s thyroid problems at bay. Fungal infection and Yeast infection are also cured and reduced with the help of coconut oil. This is also the reason behind the benefits of coconut oil for face and benefits of coconut oil for acne in humans. Arthritis and body pain can also be treated. Coconut oil can also keep the check on your dog’s metabolism rate to keep him healthy and fit. It is also helpful in preventing parasitic infestation.
Coconut Oil can be consumed or applied externally and can be a great malady for many skin infections. It may disinfect bruises and cuts, and it can better for your dog’s coat condition and general skin, making it healthier. Coconut oil also heals the wounds and is useful in deodorizing their skin. More and more people across the globe have started to appreciate the flavor, and benefits of coconut oil. One must use organic certified coconut oil which is chemical free. It is not only good for dogs’ skin but it is also beneficial as coconut oil for skin in humans.
More uses of coconut oil for dogs are continually discovered. Here are some:
- Coconut oil for dogs enhances skin health and cures up skin diseases such as eczema, itchy skin, and dermatitis and flea allergies.
- Coconut oil for dogs make the dog’s coat shine and helps moisturize the dry skin; you may add it to their shampoo or diet
- Coconut oil reduces doggy breath. Some people even brush their dogs’ teeth with coconut oil.
- Applied externally to the skin, coconut oil for dogs cures the healing of wounds, cuts, bites, hot spots, and stings.
- Coconut oil cures and improves yeast infections, like Candida. Its antiviral properties also help dogs recover faster from a cough.
- The antifungal and antibacterial properties of coconut oil are useful in decreasing doggy odor, and its pleasant aroma gives a refreshing smell to a dog’s coat and skin.
- Coconut oil for dogs cures diabetes balancing insulin. It also improves thyroid functions and helps to reduce infection and prevent heart diseases.
- Coconut oil to dog’s diet helps in nutrient and digestion absorption. But sometimes the stool loosens; if that happens, add a spoonful of cooked pumpkin to your dog’s diet.
- Contributing to lose weight and improve energy, coconut oil also increases mobility in dogs with joint issues.
- Coconut oil for dogs is marvelous for brains health; it also helps the old dogs mind from becoming cloudy.
- Coconut oil has Medium chain triglycerides (MCT) which are a healthy fat, which is the sort that gives an array of usefulness which includes immune system, digestive system, a metabolic function that helps with weight loss, thyroid, coat, and skin health.
- Medium chain triglycerides are metabolized to give an immediate supply of energy and fuel increasing athletic performance and helping weight loss. The MCTs in coconut oil regulate the thyroid, helping sedentary dogs to feel energetic and overweight dogs lose weight.
- Lauric acid in medium chain triglycerides has antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. Caprylic and Capric acid also have the same compound as lauric acid and are also effective as anti-fungal.
As mentioned above, coconut oil has several uses and benefits for your dog. Let’s summaries category wise:
Coconut Oil for Dogs as super food:
- Helpful in weight loss
- Control diabetes
- Regulate insulin and improve thyroid function
- Helps in ligament problems and arthritis
- Antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial
- Prevents diseases and infection
- Useful in increasing energy
Coconut Oil for Dogs for shiny and healthy coat and skin:
- Useful in itchy skin and dermatitis
- Cures Eczema
- Gives shiny coat
- Decrease doggy odor
- Helps in an allergic reaction
Coconut Oil for Dogs for Digestion:
- Promotes digestion
- Prevents a cough and cold
- Decreases doggy breath
- Useful in colitis
- Improves nutrient absorption
How much coconut oil to incorporate in dogs’ diet?
When you introduce coconut oil in your dog’s diet, start slowly. Star with a minuscule amount of oil because it takes time for their body to get adjusted. Start with half a spoon a day. You may also use garlic for dogs.