What is Prenatal Massage?
Prenatal massage is a massage that is given to the women who is pregnant. This massage relaxes down the contracted muscle of women body. But prenatal massage is also the needs of pregnant women and their changing bodies. Baby weight puts stress not only on the back of the body but also stiffens the neck and leg joints but also changes the centre of gravity.
Pregnancy also changes the posture of the body that pushes the pelvis forward that affects the body functioning and increases abdominal pain.
Prenatal massage is necessary to decrease these pains it also benefits in reducing tension, anxiety and stress of delivery and labor pain, decrease symptoms about post partum depression, relieve muscle sores and joint pain.
Massage therapy has a significant result on the body aches and a famous yet really effective Prenatal massage therapy is known as Swedish massage which not only relaxes muscle tension but also improves delivery outcomes.
Prenatal massages helps in
- Improves sleep pattern
- Reduces muscle sores
- Focus on baby development
There are different massages techniques provided at Accident Chirowa that have a lot of benefits but the most common benefits are
Increase and decrease of hormone levels of mother’s body is concerned with relaxation and stress. These levels are significantly boosted and regulated with Prenatal massage therapy. Cardiovascular health is also affected by this.
Reduction of Swelling
Swelling of the women‘s body and the joints during pregnancy, is often caused by increased blood pressure on the uterus and reduced circulation in all over the body. Prental massages therapy stimulates soft tissues and also help in reducing accumulation of toxic fluids in the joint of mother’s body.
Benefits of Prenatal Massage
Prenatal massage gives magnificent benefits. Benefits of prenatal massage are as follows:
1) Give relief to strain on weight bearing joints and muscle facial structures
2) Assist in remedying common problems like muscular discomforts lower back pain upper back pain, headaches, leg cramps, stiffness, tension and knots fatigues, shortness of breath, neck pain and hip joint pain
3) Prenatal massages increases blood circulation that helps in the nourishment of fetus and improves immunity system and reduces toxins and provides oxygen to the blood.
4) Decreases tension and fatigue and improves hormones level.
5) Relaxes nervous system by releasing endorphins into mothers body
6) keeps blood pressure in check
7) Supports the return of the blood to the heart and increase blood flow to uterus and placenta and improve circulatory system during pregnancy
8) Prepare mother to an easier delivery with low effects on the nervous system and promotes relaxation and stress relief
9) Prenatal massage also provides pregnant women emotional support.
10) Assists in maintaining good posture and adjusting to a changing alignment caused by the baby’s increasing weight.
Pregnancy Massage Techniques
1) Having a pregnant woman lie on her side, covered up with pillows
2) Use specially designed cushioning systems that provides support and allows the expectant mother to lie on side of her belly.
3) Positioning the mother-to-be in a semi-reclining position supported up by pillows.
I hope this article helped you to get information about what you craved for!