There is no doubt that papaya was reputably called the “fruit of the angels” by Christopher Columbus. They are now available throughout the year, while there is a slightly a peak in the early summer and fall. It is a spherical shaped fruit and can be as long as 20 inches, commonly their average length is 7 inches weigh about 500 grams. It is generally rich orange in color with either yellow or pink hues. Papaya seeds are edible, even though their peppery flavor is fairly bitter. This article is going to tell you everything that you need to know about papaya seeds; from knowing how to dry papaya seeds to papaya seeds benefits to papaya seeds side effects.
How to dry papaya seeds?
The below is the step that would tell you in details about how to dry papaya seeds in order to get its benefits:
1. Firstly take a papaya and cut it in two pieces.
2. Now remove the seeds from it.
3. Collects the seeds in the bowl.
4. Wash the seeds with warm water so that the papaya from seeds separates.
5. Now take cotton and dry the seeds.
6. Dried seeds can be used for planting or other purposes.
Papaya seeds benefits
We trash the seeds of the papaya most of the time we eat, but there are many papaya seeds benefits that we discuss today.
1. Eating a few papaya seeds helps in detoxing the liver and keeps liver away from many diseases.
2. The University of Karachi has found that seeds of Papaya can be used to improve kidney health.
3. They are anti-inflammatory which prevents us from joint disease, swelling, pain, and redness.
4. They have Anti-Bacterial and Anti-Viral properties so they are helpful in fighting against the dengue fever.
5. They contain the agent which helps to stop the growth of cancer cells and tumors.
6. The papaya seeds contain an alkaloid called “Carpaine” that kills intestinal worms and amoeba parasites.
7. Papaya seeds for weight loss- Papaya contain major amounts of fiber, and vitamins A and C. It’s also relatively small in calories, making it a good choice for those looking to lose weight.
8. Eating Papaya seeds and honey is the effective treatment against parasites.
9. Papaya seeds help to improve the digestive system problems.
10. Papaya seeds benefits for skin– apart from the fruit the skin, leaves, and seeds are the effective treatment for acne.
Read More- Benefits of olive oil for skin
11. Papaya seed can be used in the place of black pepper.
Papaya seeds side effects
Excess of anything always has the side effects. The papaya seeds side effects are-
1. Excess use of papaya seeds reduces the male fertility.
2. They are toxic eating too much.
3. The seeds may have a negative effect on the health of baby below one year of age.
4. It may upset the stomach by eating too much of papaya seeds.
5. Papaya side effects during pregnancy- Eating papaya seeds during pregnancy may cause miscarriage or abortion. So it is recommended to not eat papaya seeds while pregnancy.
6. Eating Papaya seeds by the new mother may cause the negative effect on the baby’s health.