Making sushi is nothing short of an art form. And for many, it is an intimidating dish; hence, they prefer to leave it to the professionals. But how about we tell you that you can enjoy sushi at home without going to expensive restaurants? Yes, even if you are a beginner you can make delicious and simple sushi recipes at home. Don’t worry if you don’t get it right the first time; you will get there eventually. Sushi benefits are many but are lesser known.
Basically, to make sushi recipes, all you need is the right tools, and you will be good to go. Have you got all the required tools?
- Well then let’s get started and make some delicious sushi recipes at home-
Well then let’s get started and make some delicious sushi recipes at home-
1. California Sushi Roll:
This is one of the best types of Sushi rolls you will find. This sushi roll began its journey in Los Angeles in the year 1960, and it is a type of maki sushi. This means, that you can create California sushi rolls by rolling it with nori or seaweed on a bamboo mat.
- Imitation crab meat
- Ripe but firm avocado (Look for some benefits of avocado oil)
- Peeled and long julienne sliced cucumber strips. Here are some cucumber water benefits.
- Toasted nori seaweed
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Wrap the sushi mat in a plastic wrap. Fold nori in half in order to split them.
- Put a generous amount of sushi rice on the sheet of the nori. Using wet fingertips spread the rice over the nori surface evenly.
- Flip the rice-covered area over and put your fillings in the center of the sheet. Make sure you don’t overfill.
- Using sushi mat start rolling the sushi firmly. Once you have completed, the roll sprinkles toasted sesame seed over it.
- Before slicing the sushi rolls, run your knife through a wet paper towel so that the rice won’t stick to the knife.
Read More- How to lose weight fast without exercise?
2. Vegetable Sushi Roll:
Just because you don’t eat fish doesn’t mean that you can enjoy sushi. There are so many different types of sushi rolls that use just vegetables, and they are all so delicious. Depending on your favorite kind of vegetables, you can mix and match and create different types of sushi rolls.
- Seasoned rice vinegar
- Short-grained sushi rice
- Toasted nori
- Sliced cucumber
- Thinly Sliced carrot
- Sliced scallions
- Nicely Sliced piece daikon
- Sliced avocado
- Put the sushi mat on a clean surface and place shiny side nori down on it.
- Using wet fingers spread the sushi rice evenly on the surface of the sheet. Taking about an inch away from the edge, put the filling in the center.
- Start rolling the nori firmly into a cylindrical shape
- Firmly pull on the mat over the roll in order to tighten the edges.
- Open up the mat and using a little water dab the unsealed edges of the nori and roll the sushi forward to seal.
Read More- How to get rid of pimples naturally?
3. Salmon Nigiri:
This is one of the easiest sushi recipes for the beginners; all you need is rice and fish and you are done with it. While it is different from all the other types of sushi rolls, you will definitely have fun making it.
- Seasoned sushi rice
- Thinly sliced salmon
- Soy sauce
- Pickled ginger
- Wet your hand and make rice moulds.
- Put wasabi on the salmon slices then put them on the rice moulds.
- Lastly, press the fish against the rice in order to make a nigiri shape.
- Serve this with soy sauce and pickled ginger.
Read More- How to get rid of pimple marks?
4. Raw Zucchini sushi rolls:
This is one of the interesting types of sushi rolls which would take you to a different side of tradition sushi recipes. You will be using zucchini as your sushi roll in this recipe and you can have any veggies of your choice.
- Peeled zucchini
- Veggies of your choice
- Soaked cashew
- Blend the soaked cashew in a food processor along with a splash of white vinegar.
- Place placed zucchini strips on a clean surface and added a generous amount of cashew on the end of the zucchini strips
- Put your favorite veggies, avocado, and cilantro.
- Now firmly roll the zucchini strips into a cylindrical shape.
Read More- How to get fairer skin overnight?
5. Spicy tuna roll:
Sushi recipes are not all just about rice and fish; you can add your personal touch to it depending on the preference of your taste buds. Spicy tuna roll is one of those types of sushi rolls that are for people who love spicy food.
- Seasoned sushi rice
- Sashimi-grade tuna
- Sriracha sauce
- Chopped scallion
- Sesame oil
- Nori sheet cut in half
- White toasted sesame seeds
- Spicy mayo
- Bamboo mat
- Take a bowl and put tuna, green onion, sriracha sauce, and sesame oil in it.
- Place a nori sheet on a bamboo mat. Wet your fingertips using test and spread the sushi rice on the nori sheet. Sprinkle sesame seeds over it.
- Roll the nori sheet over so that the rice is on the outer side and place the nori sheet’s edge on the end of the mat.
- Put half of the tuna mixture at the bottom end of the sheet
- Then roll the sushi into a firm cylindrical shape. Lift the bamboo mat from the edge and continue rolling using a little pressure on the mat.
Read More- How to get rid of trapped gas?
So these were some easy to make sushi recipes that you can try in the comfort of your home. These different types of sushi rolls are delicious and would cater to different taste buds.