Health Benefits of Plums and Prunes
- Health Benefits of Plums and Prunes
- Plum nutrition facts:
- Prunes nutrition facts:
- 1. Plums and Prunes for a healthy heart:
- 2. Improves bone health:
- 3. Plums and Prunes to lower blood sugar level:
- 4. Plums and Prunes prevent obesity:
- 5. Plums and Prunes as antioxidants:
- 6. Plums and Prunes are a rich source of beta carotene and vitamin K:
- 7. Plum and Prunes juice gives relief in constipation:
- Plums and Prunes Recipes
Plum fruit is highly nutritious and contains an array of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber. Plums and prunes are a rich source of energy in the form of sugars fructose and glucose. For maximum benefit of vitamin C eat plum fruit daily.
Plum fruit is related to nectarines, cherries, and peaches which are stone fruit, wherein the center has hard pit surrounded by juicy and soft flesh. Out of four pounds of ripe plums, one pound of prunes or dried plums is produced.
Plum nutrition facts:
Plums are a rich source of vitamin A, C, and K. Vitamin C is very necessary for the development and maintenance of tissues. Plum nutrition facts also indicate that it also contains riboflavin and thiamin and also nutrients like potassium, iron, and calcium.
Prunes nutrition facts:
Prune is a rich source of vitamin A, which is which is essential for healthy vision. It also consists of vitamin B and K, magnesium, and calcium. Calories in prunes are more compare to fresh plum. A small bowl of fresh plum has approximately 76 calories, while calories in prunes would be about 418.
Herein are the Health Benefits of Plums and Prunes:
1. Plums and Prunes for a healthy heart:
Incorporating them into the daily diet can decrease the high blood pressure. The research and studies stated that person who consumed prunes or prunes juice consistently was able to reduce the high blood pressure and cholesterol level. The studies also suggest that regular intake of plum juice or prune powder can increase the good cholesterol. They also contain antioxidants, fiber, and potassium that also promote heart health. Benefits of cranberry juice also promote heart health.
2. Improves bone health:
Benefits of prunes are various, and one of it is to enhance the bone health. Eating prunes regularly can prevent the issues like osteopenia and osteoporosis. It also prevents and reverses the bone loss. Prunes contain antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins that improve the secretion of the hormones that are helpful in bone formation. Pomelo fruit also prevents osteoporosis.
3. Plums and Prunes to lower blood sugar level:
Plum fruit have a particular substance which improves the level of hormones called adiponectin which is responsible for blood sugar maintenance. In spite of calories in prunes, it contains properties which regulate the blood sugar levels. The fiber content in them slows down the absorption of carbohydrates which makes controls the blood sugar level.
4. Plums and Prunes prevent obesity:
They are an excellent source of soluble fiber, and soluble fiber helps to keep the stomach full for a longer time. It also delays the absorption of sugar and increases the sensitivity to insulin. Because it keeps you full for a longer time the in between meals binging will also stop which will prevent overeating and weight gain. Look for how to lose weight fast without exercise?
5. Plums and Prunes as antioxidants:
Antioxidant content in plums is useful in decreasing inflammation. They are a rich source of polyphenol, that is good for bone health and also reduce the chances of diabetes and heart disease. Research and studies also suggest that a plum consists of the higher amount of polyphenols than great fruits like peaches, nectarines, and cherries. The studies also indicate that they have anti-inflammatory properties and hence prevent many chronic diseases.
Check this video to know top 10 health benefits of plum fruit:
Read More- How to get rid of trapped gas?
6. Plums and Prunes are a rich source of beta carotene and vitamin K:
Beta carotene is known to make you happy, and it fights against the free radicals, which can delay signs of aging. Vitamin k enhances the blood circulation and helps to reduce the bone loss. Apple cider vinegar benefits for skin also reduce skin aging.
7. Plum and Prunes juice gives relief in constipation:
Plum and specifically prunes juice are known to provide relief in constipation. They contain a good amount of dietary fiber, and plums contain insoluble fiber that does not blend with water. Therefore it adds bulk to your stool and makes the bowel movement easier. Prunes juice also contains sorbitol that has natural laxative properties. Wanna know how to relieve gas fast and top positions to relieve gas?
Plums and prunes have an enormous amount of benefits and can be used in various ways to incorporate in your daily diet. They can be used in different recipes.
Plums and Prunes Recipes
1. Fresh plum fruit and walnut salad:
One cup of red and firm plum fruit roughly chopped
- Half cup of walnuts
- A Half cup of onions
- 1/2 of cucumber. Benefits of cucumber water
- Half cup of salad leaves
- One tablespoon olive oil
- One teaspoon honey
- Sea salt and black pepper powder as per taste
2. Prunes and cottage cheese salad:
- One cup of chopped prunes
- One cup of crumbled cottage cheese
- ¼ cup of onions
- One cup of salad leaves
- ¼ cup of melon seeds
- One teaspoon of olive oil
- Salt, red chili powder and black pepper powder per taste
To make dressing mix olive oil, sea salt, red chili powder and black pepper powder. Toss in the remaining ingredients and voila! Your salad is ready in a jiffy.
These two recipes are simple but tasty and will give all the health benefits of plums and prunes.
- How to take best Quality Images on your Smartphone – Creatormaster.com
- How to get a free United States of America/Canada whatsapp number | Creatormaster.com
- How to post on many Social Media at once fb,insta….. – Creatormasrer.com
- ASUS Zenfone 5Z, OnePlus 6, Vivo NEX, OPPO Find X: Smartphones Available in India with Snapdragon 845 – The Perfect Experience