Linseed oil is obtained from flax seeds. Flaxseed oil and linseed oil both are extracted from flax seed the difference is in the processing procedure. Flaxseed oil is used for consumption and is primarily used for industrial purposes.
Food grade linseed oil can be utilized for its benefits and as an alternative to flaxseed oil. You can use food grade linseed oil in some recipe as an added ingredient. Never use linseed oil for cooking as its smoking point is 225 degrees Fahrenheit, which is very good to use as cooking oil.
- Benefits of linseed oil for the home purpose:
- Benefits of food-grade linseed oil as a dietary supplement:
Benefits of linseed oil for the home purpose:
As an anti-termite:
The oil with orange peel in it kills termite and prevents the further damage of your furniture and its wood.
To repair bicycle:
If your bicycle is old and rusting, you can give a new lease of life to your bicycle with this oil.
Method to use linseed oil to repair bike:
- Apply this oil to a metallic portion of your bicycle.
- Put aside in the shade to dry. When it is dried, you will see the shine in your bicycle.
To clean your leather products:
Take any worn out leather cloth, put some of this oil on the leather cloth. Now clean your leather smoothly. You can use it to clean all your leather products like leather bags, leather jacket, leather shoes, etc. It will make them look new and soft.
To season your old cookware:
Nowadays you can get Teflon coated cookware that is non-sticky. But you have some old cookware which is not Teflon coated, and thus the food sticks to it. This oil can solve your problem.
Method to use linseed oil to season your oil cookware:
- Apply a thin coat of food-grade linseed oil to your old cookware.
- Then keep for drying. After it dries, you can use it as non-stick cookware.
To make waterproof clothes and shoes:
It can make a homemade waterproof material.
Method to use linseed oil to make a waterproof fabric:
- Take one broad container. Put some oil in it.
- Take a linen cloth; dip the cloth into the container having this oil.
- Let it dry, and then you can use it as a waterproof material.
Benefits of food-grade linseed oil as a dietary supplement:
As a laxative:
It can ease the passage where the stool passes and can relief in constipation. It is also an anti-inflammatory and can treat any inflammation and intestine tract damage. On the other hand, it can also stop the formation of gallstones and can treat gallstones.
Method to use linseed oil as a laxative:
- Take a teaspoon of linseed oil. Gulp down your throat.
- You can mix in smoothie or milk if you can’t have it on it’s on.
To lower cholesterol:
Linseed Oil may help lower your cholesterol; it also prevents angina and high blood pressure. The research and studies conducted by Simmons College of Boston found out that this oil can be helpful to avoid the heart attack. The oil is anti-inflammatory therefore it prevents hardening of arteries and helps to enhance blood circulation.
As an oil pack:
It can be helpful to combat pain and inflammation.
Method to use linseed oil as oil pack:
- Take a teaspoon of oil in your palm.
- Apply on the painful area, massage gently.
- Leave it like that. After 2 to 3 hours, you will see the difference.
For healthy hair and nails:
It contains omega three which is considered to keep hair healthy. Scalp problems like eczema and psoriasis can be treated by it because of its anti-inflammatory and hair revitalizing properties. It also nourishes nails and prevents them from splitting and cracking. Other than linseed oil, you must also consider using coconut oil for hair, almond oil for hair, avocado oil for hair, argan oil for hair, olive oil for hair, jojoba oil for hair and tea tree oil for hair.
Method to use linseed oil for healthy hair and nails:
- Take one tablespoon of oil in your palm.
- Apply on your scalp and massage gently.
- Wash off after one hour with water and shampoo.
Read More- How to get long hair in a week?
- Take one teaspoon of linseed oil.
- Apply on your nails and massage gently.
To prevent hormonal imbalance:
It is a rich source of lignans which is a nutrient similar to oestrogen. Especially in women, it balances progesterone and oestrogen ratio which is essential for a normal menstrual cycle and also gives relief in hot flashes which occur during premenopausal and menopause phase.