- POMELO RECIPES
Among the categories of natural citrus fruits, there is a fruit known as Pomelo. The taste of Pomelo fruit is sweet. When this fruit gets ripen then its color is pale green to yellow. It is helpful in boosting up of the immune system. Our digestive system gets improved by it. It is helpful in lowering the blood pressure. The cramping can be reduced by it. It is helpful in preventing anemia. It enables the boosting up of bone strength. The signs of premature aging can be reduced by it. Pomelo fruit is helpful in preventing cancer. It is good for the heart health. The fruit is helpful in reducing our body weight. It is also good for dental and oral health. There are different pomelo recipes. Now we will discuss different pomelo recipes in the following manner.
1. Pomelo Recipes- Butternut Squash And Stilton Quiche With Roasted Sprouts
Among the pomelo recipes, butternut squash and stilton quiche with roasted sprouts are one of them. For preparing this recipe, we have to follow some steps.
- First of all, the oven is allowed to be preheated to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
- The squash is allowed to be tossed in a bowl with black pepper, a pinch of salt and the oil. It is now required to be spread out on a baking tray along with its roasting for 30 minutes (or until golden brown). After that, allow it to be cool.
- On a floured workplace the pastry is allowed to be rolled out. Its thickness is roughly 3mm. It has to be transferred to a 24 cm/9 1/2 in quiche tin. Some pastry is allowed to be left hanging over the edge while lining. The base of the pastry is allowed to be pricked with a fork and then it is allowed to be a chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- The oven temperature is allowed to be reduced to 160C/140C Fan/Gas 3. The pastry case is required to be lined with baking parchment (fill with baking beans). For 30-35 minutes we have to cook it. We have to further cook it for 10 minutes after removing paper and beans. The oven temperature is allowed to be increased to 180C/160 fan/Gas 4.
- The squash is required to be spread over the pastry base. The stilton is allowed to be dotted in between. The membrillo is allowed to sprinkle all over.
- The cream, eggs and crème fraiche are required to be placed in a mixing bowl with a pinch of black pepper and salt. After whisking they are allowed to be poured over the squash. We have to place it in the oven for about 40 minutes. After removing it from the tin, allow it to be cool to room temperature.
- The cinnamon, star anise and sugar are required to be placed in a small saucepan with 100ml/3 ½fl oz of water and bring it to a light simmer. We have to cook it for 1 minute. Then we have to stir until the dissolution of sugar. After removing heat we have to stir the content with 1 tablespoon of the lime juice and allow it to cool.
- The thick skin of the pomelo has to be peeled. By removing all the white membrane, this fruit is allowed to be segmented. It is required to be broken into bite sized pieces. The sugar syrup is allowed to be poured over pomelo and for at least 1 hour leave it to marinate after removing star anise and cinnamon strain the pomelo fruit for getting the juice.
- Allow the oven to get increased to 220C/200C Fan/ Gas Mark 7 for the sprouts. Reduce the length of sprouts to half and make the shallots to be similar to the size of sprouts by cutting them. Add 3 tablespoons of the oil, some black pepper and ½ tablespoon of salt with the content and place it on the baking tray. After roasting the content for 20 minutes allow it to be cooled.
- The pomelo, coriander, sprouts, and shallots are allowed to be put in a large mixing bowl before serving. We have to add 1 tablespoon of the reserved pomelo syrup, ¼ tablespoon of salt and the remaining lemon juice and olive oil. Then we have to mix the content gently.
- After slicing the quiche, it is ready to be served with Brussels sprout.
Watch this video to know how to make Pomelo pudding jelly for nutrition:
2. Pomelo Recipes- Scallops With Miso Tar and mackerel Tartare
If we count the pomelo recipes, then scallops with miso tar and mackerel tartare are one of them. Following steps have to be followed for preparing this recipe.
- The pomelo fruit is allowed to be peeled out by cutting the skin into strips and leaving about 2.5 cm/1in of pith on the skin. By cutting pomelo flesh into quarters, it is required to be placed into the sealable plastic bag or sous vide bag.
- For 1 minute, the pomelo skin is allowed to be blanched in boiling water. Then, in cold water, we have to drain and refresh it. This activity has to be repeated three more times.
- The pan is allowed to be refilled with 150 ml/5fl oz of water. Boil it after adding lime juice and the caster sugar. Stir the content well. The pomelo peel is allowed to be added and until the simmering of the mixture, we have to reduce the heat. Put the content on sim flame for 15-20 minutes. Allow it to cool after removing the pan from the heat.
- The pomelo quarters are required to be dropped into boiling water. For 1 minute, it has to be cooked. This bag has to refresh in iced water after removing the bag from the pan. The bag is allowed to be rubbed gently for separating the pomelo pearls.
- Pearls are added after whisking the olive oil and yuzu juice.
- For the miso tar, until the melting of sugar into a caramel, heat it in a frying pan. The miso is allowed to be whisked slowly after stirring the butter and cream into it. The mixture is required to be passed through a sieve and we have to cool it to room temperature. Then we have to whisk in the lime juice.
- For the mackerel tartare, the kohlrabi is allowed to be stamped into circles by using a biscuit cutter.
- The mustard and vinegar are required to be whisked in a bowl. After that, whisk it in the oil slowly (until well combined). The kohlrabi circles are allowed to be added.
- The remaining ingredients have to be mixed together in a bowl and allow it to be cooled in the fridge for 1 hour.
- The butter and scallops are required to be added after heating a frying pan. After cooking the scallops for 45 minutes, remove from the pan.
- The kohlrabi discs are supposed to be removed from the marinade. Onto a chopping board, a disc of kohlrabi has to be placed and fold it after adding a spoon of mackerel tartare. It has to be repeated with remaining mackerel tartare and kohlrabi.
- A spoon of miso tar is added into the middle of the serving plates. It is then topped with mackerel tartare and scallops.
- Around the edge of the plate spoon of candied pomelo skin and marinated pomelo pearls are added. Then, it is allowed to be garnished with radish cress. Thus, it is ready to serve.
Do you know how to eat pomelo?
3. Pomelo Recipes- Celeriac Risotto
Celeriac Risotto is a part of pomelo recipes. This recipe can be discussed as follows.
- We have to reserve the peel after washing and peeling the celeriac. Its flesh has to be chopped roughly to 500g/ 1lb 2oz and the rest has to be cut into very small dice.
- Add 500ml/18fl oz of water and celeriac peel into a sauce and boil it. After boiling keep it on sim flame for 30 minutes. It is required to be strained through a fine sieve and stock has to be reserved.
- Add roughly chopped celeriac after boiling the salted water. Keep it at sim flame for 10-12 minutes (until soft). With 50ml/2fl oz of the white wine vinegar, it is allowed to be placed into a food processor. A fine puree has to be blended after passing through a fine sieve.
- For 1 minute, in boiling salted water, the winkles are allowed to be cooked with the teaspoon of white wine vinegar. We have to pick the winkles from the shell after draining them. Then, the foot and waste sack has to be removed.
- The winkles are covered with chicken stock after placing them into a saucepan. Cook it for 45 minutes at a sim flame.
- The celeriac dice and butter are added to the non-stick frying pan after the heating of the pan (until medium hot). For one minute, it is allowed to be cooked. For making risotto, a little of celeriac stock has to be added to it. Some more has to be added when the stock is absorbed (until the celeriac is just tender). The time taken by this activity is 5-6 minutes. After adding truffle, we have to cook it for one minute.
- Parmesan, reduced dark chicken stock, and mascarpone are added after cooking. We have to stir it after adding the winkles.
- A spoon of the celeriac puree has to be added to the base of a soup plate. It is topped with the spoon of risotto. The pomelo segments have to be scattered over it and then it has to be finished with a little celery leaf.
4. Pomelo Recipes- Mackerel With Asparagus and Grapefruit
Mackerel with asparagus and grapefruit is included in pomelo recipes. Now we will deal with the recipe of mackerel with asparagus and grapefruit in pomelo recipes.
- First of all, for the mayonnaise, we have to blend the egg yolk, placed in a food processor. It has to be blend again by adding mustard and vinegar. The oil is allowed to be added slowly (until the thickening of mayonnaise). In the half of the crab and grapefruit zest, we have to stir it. The remaining grapefruit zest is reserved for dressing
- The oil is mixed with reserved grapefruit zest and reserved juices from the grapefruit for the grapefruit dressing. It has to be whisked after adding the mustard.
- The griller is allowed to be preheated at a high temperature. For 2-4 minutes, we have to grill mackerel skin by placing it on a baking tray.
- The asparagus has to be blanched for 1-2 minutes after boiling water in a large pot. The asparagus is allowed to be plunged into the iced water. The butter is required to be added to the griddle pan or frying pan after its (pan) heating. The asparagus placed in the pan is allowed to be cooked for 1-2 minutes (until colored).
- On serving plates, we have to place mackerel and asparagus. It has to be topped with a spoon of mayonnaise. The pomelo segments and grapefruit have to be dotted around the plate along with drizzling with the dressing. It is ready to serve after garnishing with the watercress. Know the difference between grapefruit and pomelo- pomelo vs grapefruit.
5. Pomelo Recipes- Vietnamese-style Scallops With Papaya Salad
These pomelo recipes can be prepared in the following way.
- The spring onions, green papaya, mint, pomelos, holy basil, and coriander are mixed together in a bowl for making papaya salad (until well combined).
- In a pestle and mortar, the ginger, garlic, lime juice and palm sugar are grinded for dressing (until forming the smooth paste). It has to be stirred well after adding chili and the nuoc nam.
- The scallops have to be brushed all over with vegetable oil for the Vietnamese scallops.
- Until smoking, a frying pan heated over high heat. Then we have to cook scallops added to it for 20-30 minutes.
- Until scallops become fully opaque, repeat the process. Then they have to be removed from the pan.
- The salad is allowed to be added with toasted and crushed rice along with drizzling over half of the dressing. Then, it has to be piled into the center of three serving plates. Each salad is topped with four of the scallops and also it has to be garnished with cress. Now, we can serve this recipe.
Thus, we have discussed pomelo recipes in the above-written matter. These recipes are easy to prepare and are preferred by so many people. We can have the health benefits of pomelo fruit with the help of these pomelo recipes.